Friday 1 August 2014

Walkthrough
Here is a walkthrough of my sketchup model, I used scenes to move about the space.
For this design i expanded on a few ideas I had from the last idea and also Incorporated some new ideas. One problem with the design was how people were going to be able to get into each boatshed to occupy their stall, they cant get in the front because its blocked up with the serving bench etc. I decided that I would have doors throughout the back of the sheds to create a corridor that you can walk down, I also used the sheds adjacent to the stairs to get to that corridor, so those sheds were empty.
For seating I wanted to have something away from the sheds so that it would give people enough room to queue for each stall and walk to the place where they wanted to sit. In this way things are far more organised and it takes out all the bumping into each other that happens at the night market, which I never enjoyed. The seating was very much an extension of the amphitheater idea I had for my last space, I had these platforms that have seating on them extend into the water with walls around them so that they wouldn't get wet so tides wont be a problem. I also added in 3 different types of seating: benches, circle benches around a table and seats around a fire pit. I had 3 different types of seating to cater to the seating needs of the public. I also added rubbish bins near the seating because a market situation like this will create alot of rubbish. I had planned to have 12 different stalls for the market to get a wide range of cultures of food, I choose Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Morrocan, German, A waffle stall, A coffee stall, A sandwich stall, A pretzle stall, A crepe stall and a drink stall

Material Detail
I choose a piece of wood to transform because its as if the wood walls of the boatsheds are being worn from the weather and the sea-water.

Before

After

Both Together

No comments:

Post a Comment