Friday 15 August 2014

Dividing Space
In my previous design I used a wall to divide up the space and give privacy to some areas and I thought it worked extremely effectively so I wanted to use that idea in this new design. I decided to use a giant polished concrete wall to divided up the spaces I was creating at the boatsheds, this also allowed me to build platforms off one side of the wall, I also really like the look of something floating into the air but is only joint to the wall at one side so i played around with this idea, this is what inspired me
. I also noticed that not only had I created more spaces above with the platforms I had now created this sheltered space below them which I wanted to utilize so I dropped down the floor a little using steps to give the space underneath more room, plus being sheltered in windy Wellington is a huge plus.
Here are some screenshots from sketchup and Cry Engine.








No comments:

Post a Comment